WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cancelling three zeros from currency soon, MP [DIFFERENT SOURCE]

+4
Shredd
Reflection
dezertheat
player46
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

player46

Cancelling three zeros from currency soon, MP
4/13/2013 4:06 PM

BAGHDAD/ Aswat al-Iraq: Parliamentary Finance Commission MP said today that the Central Bank of Iraq will commence cancelling the three zeros from Iraqi currency.

MP Abdul Hussein al-Yassiri told Iraqi Media Network that "it is supposed that this year will witness necessary preparations to cancel three zeros from the currency".

He added that his commission supports such move for its importance to Iraqi economy.

The Central Bank of Iraq, earlier, announced that cancelling the zeros is within a plan to develop monetary policies in the country.

One of the difficulties facing is Iraq is withdrawing 30 trillion dinars from the Iraqi market at the present time and to be replaced by new currency.

Earlier, ministry of finance excluded the idea of cancelling the zeros in 2013 because the budget was made on the current currency.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dezertheat

dezertheat

ok bring it! we have been seeing the deltion of the 000 for sometime. they got as much of the big bills off the streets as they can, lets see the LD 's!!! SOON! Very Happy

Reflection

Still don't really understand why they would announce removing the zeros, new currency and stuff ahead of time if they plan to do it soon. Seems that's just an invitation for people to hoard the 000 notes. Sure, they've been saying it for years, but they weren't even close to being ready to do it.......all the political crap and laws that needed to be in place. There will always be political crap, like here at home.....but for the most part, they are making progress politically. The laws needed to move forward with the deletion of zeros have either been done or are on the verge of being done. It's painfully obvious they are soooooo ready for this......so why would they announce it? Seems silly to me.

Unless I'm not seeing something.

It is good news, thank you for posting it playa, just curious what others think is all.

Shredd

Shredd
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

Again, great to see this in the news.

It says here that the Central Bank will COMMENCE cancelling the three zeros. So they are starting the "preparations" to get this done:
"it is supposed that this year will witness necessary preparations to cancel three zeros from the currency"

So, let's chew on this..........in order to remove the three zero notes, the exchange rate will need to be on par or stronger than the dollar. I would even agree that the rate needs to be at least as strong as the purchasing power of the dollar. So, that being the case, this really gives us a better idea of a timeline. The removal of the zeros simply will not happen in circulation unless the dinar is at least close to the value of the dollar. If it isn't the supply of the dinar will be in trouble because, transactionally, the quantity of dinar needed to accomplish anything will be much more than if it were closer to the dollar.

To see this news, and supported by multiple articles, is AWESOME!!

jeepguy

jeepguy

this is great stuff now !!! when they mean lift or remove zero`s ---> also could mean , --> take the zero notes out of circulation, print the lower notes with out the zero`s, but shredd has a good point it would most certianly need to be at the 1 too 1 ratio , even better ----> 2 to 1 just cause it looks better in the bank accounts r.\/ bayyyyy beeeeee

jeepguy

jeepguy

what was it bond lady had said do not pay attention to the news unless --- we see it 3 different articles thanks bond gal

Mcduff82

Shredd do you think this will be a RV at or around $1
Or a free float at the program me rate over time up to the dollar

8 Cancelling three zeros from currency soon, MP [DIFFERENT SOURCE] Empty wes demarco Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:17 pm

wes demarco

BUMP Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Reflection

Mcduff82 wrote:Shredd do you think this will be a RV at or around $1
Or a free float at the program me rate over time up to the dollar

IMO, I can see how it could work either way. Honestly Id rather see it just come out at a good rate amd be done with it all. Laughing Floating and letting the market drive it up makes allot of logical sense to me though. Personally, I feel like it'll float, they may come out around a buck and let the market push it to where it goes.

There's been a few places this has been discussed and a couple people have given examples of the good and bad of either senerio. I believe Scooter went into good detail on this a few times. I seem to remember that a free float would be slower, less shock to the people of Iraq as well as their economy and actually help to build a stronger economy. I know this was aimed at Shredd, I will let him confirm but I think he's leaning towards a free float.

I may be wrong but it seems the longer they wait to actually start letting the market push the value up, the faster it'll go up. All the investment activity, companies waiting to move in for business, oil deals, mining for minerals, homes and buildings being built....basically Iraq moving into the 20th century....once it starts it's gonna be a snowball effect I believe. Waiting sucks.....but I feel like the longer we wait, the faster the value will grow once it starts.

That's just my 2 pennies worth if it helps any.

Mcduff82

Thank you Reflection for reply

Mcduff82

Reflection! You think they will start the float at $1 and go up from there
The program me rate of 1166 would take a long time to get to a dollar
You probably guessed I am fairly new to this
Thanks again

Shredd

Shredd
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

The last word we got from the CBI spoke of moving to 1000 to 1. Other articles have implied a float. A blended approach makes the most sense to me. A big ol fat RV isn't supported in anything I've read.

Reflection

Mcduff82 wrote:Reflection! You think they will start the float at $1 and go up from there
The program me rate of 1166 would take a long time to get to a dollar
You probably guessed I am fairly new to this
Thanks again

I'm far from an economist/banker or anything like that. I'm just an average joe (machinist/welder/bricklayer/carpenter) that's been in this a few years. Luckily I've had the pleasure of having people on this site such as Bondlady, Shredd, Miss Timmy, Playa, Mr. Lightning britches, Scooter and a few others to help me learn along the way. If you are looking for facts and knowledge about this investment, you are in the right spot.

This is only my opinion. They want to de-dollarize and have the Iraqi citizens use the dinar right? Well, the only way to do that is make the dinar worth the same or more than the dollar. I would think they would start at a dollar, that's just my opinion though. Hard to say what they'll do....They could do it several different ways. Nobody really knows what they'll do, all we can do is speculate at this point. BUT, the news seems to get better and better by the day. Best thing to do is just read and ask questions, stay grounded and don't get your hopes up that it's gonna happen next week. We are in a very good spot though, stay possitive.

If you can, read some of the chats posted on here. There's some REALLY good breakdowns that really help understand things better. The mods and admins of this site are really great people, have a ton of factual knowledge, are very helpful and happy to answer questions.

Mcduff82

Yes I know this is a great site
Love reading Bondlady Tim Shredd and all
Never did much investing been a hospice nurse for years and a patients mom encouraged me to buy some dinars 2 years ago
Been read Bondlady from the beginning and then found her site

Mcduff82

Thank you Shredd

Herb62

Herb62

IMO , these articles have been put out for years for a reason..... they keep telling you SOON , or IN COMING DAYS ... its kinda like crying wolf they tell you so many time you get to where you think ... Yeah right. So they could literally tell us they would RV\ delete the zeros and raise the value Monday ..... and everyone of us would be like .... suuure ! Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum