WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq unveils a proposal to receive al-Maliki to accept his resignation in return for not pursuing it 01/06/2012 11:16

+7
Bondlady
Shredd
supergirl
mercedes99
darjohn
denaridori
helend
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

denaridori

Parliament rejects the economic slowdown in the application of tariff

Posted: May 30, 2012 in Iraqi Dinar/Politics
Tags: Council of Representatives of Iraq, Finance Ministry, House of Representatives, Iraq, L. Paul Bremer, Law, Politics of Iraq, Tariff 30/05/2012 0:00

announced the economy and investment in the Iraqi parliament, rejected the government’s request to wait in the application of tariff law which was passed in 2008.

The Iraqi government has said it called on the House of Representatives to wait the application of tariff law scheduled to commence by early next month for non-completion of the foundations necessary for the success of law enforcement.

said the Commission’s decision Mahma Khalil told the Kurdish news agency (Rn) that “there is a demand for the government to activate the law of the customs tariff in January of this year has been postponed its application at the time.” and explained that “the request of the Government of the Council House of Representatives to wait the application of tariff law to be in the next month is not acceptable, and we fear that the government may come under pressure from traders and some states to reverse the application of the law.

“The Ministry of Finance has decided last March to begin the application of tariff end of June next after the order to General last for more than once because of the demand by some countries and traders. and activate the new tariff law to cancel the old law is the subject by the civil administrator of Iraq after 2003, Paul Bremer, which provides for the payment of 5 percent tax on all goods imported from outside the country.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by denaridori on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total

denaridori

Hi Helund, I'm sorry to say I don't agree with you on this issue and I'm not basing it on opinion when I say that Maliki is going out and this has been the ultimate goal for months, and is finally reaching a time when things get resolved. There is no reason whatsoever that it will take a long time once they get rid of Maliki. The constitution and democratic process which has carefully and diligently been abided allows a withdrawl of confidence and to be relieved of his office. He has murdered people, threatened his own leaders, stolen billions of dollars and has been the obstacle that is preventing any progress whatsoever.

Do you really think that by keeping him in office things will get better...he doesn't want to share power and, I know it's a general opinion on BBC, that this is some sort of "drama" that's discredited as though it's frivolous. I find it difficult to understand that when the articles, statements, and events are evidenced by what's actually happened over the past recent years and has been so overwhelming why the leadership of a new nation is to be looked upon in such a way.

Nothing is more important right now than its leadership for a nation cannot stand without it. It's been far too long, and too risky, to continue on with this unlawful dictator without the power sharing which Maliki absolutely refused to fulfill AS PROMISED. The Strategic Council needs to announce their security ministers, which are in dire need, to finally proclaim they're a fully formed government. How in the world can anything progress without a government and security especially after the US has left and Iraq wants to be internationally recognized, pay their bills, use their own currency rather than USDollars, and provide its citizens with services and better than sub-standard products to consume.

It's a slap in the face after all the US has done to get them to this point in time to just sit here with a man who doesn't care about his country.

Agree or not, the bottom line is that they have the votes for the withdrawl of confidence and he cannot repeal it according to Article 141, and he knows it. There's been some discreet strategies involved.

Jafaari is the only replacement candidate who has met with all three presidents and it's likely he will be chosen but we won't know that until it happens.

I just feel that if we look at the facts that truly corroborate with the current situation and not make judgement because of one article or an opinion, but rather the purpose we fought so hard with blood, sweat, and tears, lives lost on both sides, suffering in Iraq, and taxpayer's money to allow Maliki continue.

So, to think that it will take time for a revalue is absurd. If you have heard what Shabibi's been saying all along, and in his speech last year in the US (a video), he MUST have a fully formed government...and that means having security ministers or he's not going to revalue the currency. He can't and he won't. And how can they ever get out of Ch. 7 if they don't even have a government in place? Forget about all the talk about the lower denom's until they RV ...The RV is a result of the process that is mandatory in order to revalue their currency showing a stable government and the ability to show the world that they are truly a sovereign nation.

Anyways, if there's any hold up...it's because of Maliki. He's the only one who could have implemented Erbil and Strategic Council. He would not do it even after warnings and then a 15 day deadline that was extended.

In the meantime, everyone, including the Iraqi people, have learned who Maliki really is and it's not the people Maliki's accusing that have threatened, tortured, and killed. It's a fact that cannot be denied...and the US, though remaining distant, is allowing them to do their thing but have told Maliki he does not have our support for the obvious reasons.

Some believe that the signatures were fraudulent and that there were only 80 votes against Maliki when I believe it was closer to that was he had in support. There have been hundreds of articles pertaining to the parties and their votes. And I have to say that the ones posted (other than mine) are very minimal. And, how could anyone forge that many signatures? Really? But we heard one article that said that was the case...we also heard that Maliki was going to arrest Sadr, he was going to send out his troops, and he tried to use the constitution as a weapon against what he already agreed upon, knowing full well that it, of course, was constitutional. And now he's upset because Parliament will not delay the tariff laws to be in effect which means borders closed, including Iran.

Based on my own research, I believe that when Maliki resigns or is voted out, his replacement will slide in with everything ready to go and things will move quickly -- Talabani said 4 days a few months ago. Erbil will finally be implemented, Allawi will be seated and he'll announce the Security Ministers (finally!) and published in the Gazette, and the National Conference will announce that they have a fully formed government so Shabibi can then pull the trigger. Otherwise, there's no reason to sit here and wait for an RV that's never going to happen.

There's also over a dozen articles today about protestors have been protesting for non-corruption and no services. They're not complaining about anyone but Maliki's lack of leadership and his non-performance. (I have a neighbor from Iraq who also has verified this to be true.)

Allawi is looked upon as the Founding Father of Iraq..Maliki gunned down innocent people today with government forces! His wife was being threatened by Maliki also. A Sheik, a religious authority, was murdered today...any person that comes around this man has been murdered, imprisoned,raped, families threatened...and ongoing articles have been published for a long time about this man....Iraq doesn't want to trade Saddam Hussein for another dictator who uses unruly methods to get his way. Sounds like they need security.

Right now, it appears it would be best for Maliki to resign so there is no confidence vote and he could be free man. Otherwise, he will be held responsible for his crimes...and, even though he's a "catch me if you can" kinda guy, doesn't he know that.

We may not agree as we both search the truth...but most of the time anyone objects, they usually don't have anything to rebut with any substance... or it's based on one article (it takes more than that to put the puzzle together and to confirm what has or has not happened). I respect your opinion and have always been drawn to your articles in particular so I thank you for that and hope that this will resolve soon so we can all move on and wait it out for the next 72 hours to see what transpires. We can't do anything else!

In the meantime, there's going to be a lot of propaganda and rumors....and Shites who support Maliki publishing articles that are bogus.

darjohn

From the Iraq Constitution

Article 61, removing a Minister

Article 61: Eighth:
A. The Council of Representatives may withdraw confidence from one of the Ministers by an absolute majority and he shall be considered resigned from the date of the decision of withdrawal of
confidence. A vote of no confidence in a Minister may not be held except upon his request or on the
basis of a request signed by fifty members after the Minister has appeared for questioning before the Council. The Council shall not issue its decision regarding the request except after at least seven days
from the date of its submission.
B.
1- The President of the Republic may submit a request to the Council of Representatives to withdraw confidence from the Prime Minister.

2- The Council of Representatives may withdraw confidence from thePrime Minister based on the request of one-fifth of its members. This request shall not be submitted except after an inquiry directed at the Prime Minister and after at least seven days from the date of
submitting the request.

3- The Council of Representatives may decide to withdraw confidence from the Prime Minister by an absolute majority of the number of its members.

C. The Government is deemed resigned in case of withdrawal of confidence from the Prime Minister.

D. In case of a vote of withdrawal of confidence in the Council of Ministers as a whole, the Prime
Minister and the Ministers continue in their positions to run everyday business for a period not to exceed thirty days until a new Council of Ministers is formed in accordance with the provisions of Article 76 of this Constitution.

Kaperoni
I agree. This will be a fast deal...IMO they would not be moving forward like this unless they had the replacement ready and willing. If they hold an emergency session, they might remove Maliki, vote on, and swear in the new guy in one shot. All good news. Sure hope by Monday we have a new PM in Iraq.
KAP !!!

--

mercedes99

If I am wrong on this one i will be the first to eat my words. I mentioned a long time ago the idea of new revamped democratic government similar to what we have here in the USA. I took a beating.

The news articles must be 25 to 1 that Maliki is out of here. His own party has voted against him. They have 50, 75, 100 maybe more for a vote of non confidence. These are not all forgeries, although I would not be surprised if Maliki may have been able to slip a few in. He certainly has the money to buy a few votes that he stole from the Iraqi people. The writing seems to be on the wall.

Remember the the USA, United Nations are not "intervening" but you can bet they are keeping a close eye on the proceedings. The United States, United Nations and Dr. Shabibi are to smart for Maliki. Maliki was nothing more than a pawn in a chess game much bigger than the RV of the IQD. We used him up and we don't need him anymore. Too many young women and men have fought and several have died for the freedom of Iraq and it's people. The US, UN and Shabibi will not fail.

This man is the Prime Minister of Iraq and his people do not have the basics of life, food that is not rotten, fresh water, shelter and clothing. Maliki is the Prime Minister. The buck stops with him. It is ridiculous that he runs around and blames everyone else. If I were to do this as the head of my business I have been thrown out long ago and it would not have taken a long ride to replace me.

I do not understand why everyone thinks we are in for such a long rids if they remove this man. How long have we waited for this man to do and or agree to anything. Many of you have waited a lot longer than me. I have only been involved for two years.

This man is no leader, he cannot make a decision unless it benefits him personally. I do not totally understand Iraqi politics (other than this man acts like a dictator, putting his son in his government, remind you have any previous dictators) but in the USA if we impeach our president it does not take a long ride to replace him. He is replaced almost immediately. They do not dissolve the entire government. I know Iraqi politics are different but did the USA not write and or assist the Iraqi's in writing their constitution. I would expect if Maliki received a vote of non confidence or if he resigns there would simply be a new Prime Minister marched right up to the podium and announced as a part of the new power sharing and democratic government. It has been said that someone within his own party might replace him. Why dissolve the entire government? It does not make common sense? Yeah, I know there is no common sense in Iraq.

If I were Maliki, I would have grabbed a tooth brush and headed to heck out of Iraq last night. Not sure who would take him? Maybe he should take a helicopter and live on a remote island in poverty the way he has made his own people live. He has one gasp of air left and that is to resign. I am not sure this will save his neck but he may be able to cut a deal for 7 Billion or so. If not he may swing by the neck in the square of downtown Baghdad.

One thing I do feel confident in. There are several major players running around in a rush in Iraq holding meetings, side meetings etc. Maliki's dictatorship is coming to an end. Not all politicians in Iraq have the mind set of Maliki. There are a few who know this man must go and they are sharp enough to get rid of him by using the constitution. Maybe they don't even need the constitution he has never set a government. I may be wrong but I believe Maliki is a proxy Prime minister. What the heck is that?

Oh well, I have gone on long enough. I am sure I have bored several here, but I feel better now. All of this is my personal opinion of course. I realize politicians in Iraq have windshield wipers for brains and this whole situation in Iraq seems to flop from one side to another almost daily if not weekly.

I am fully prepared for the bashing I am about to take and how I know nothing of what is going on.

I do appreciate you BondLady, the mods and members. You guys are great and Bondlady you taught me to read and do my own research. Time will tell if I flunked or passed your class. Either way I have learned so much and want to say thanks to all of you.

To your health and prosperity.

darjohn

MERCEDES 99 GOOD POST !!!!! I ENJOYED IT !!!!!! He who is wise will keep an open mind until he has fairly tested the various proofs that are available to him"

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful!!!

supergirl

Excellent, excellent post Mercedes99. Thank you.

denaridori

I thought I was going to take a beating today, but I'm glad to see a supportive response. Thanks also for noting Article 61 B-3 which states it clearly that a majority of the members may remove the PM.

I agree with all comments made and see there's an avalanche of news articles that came out today. Have a great day!

Shredd

Shredd
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

Super discussion everyone and I know this is what we all desire.....a respectful debate. Just like our own political views, some of us can be passionate regarding our position on Maliki. I encourage everyone to be careful of tone and respectful of all of the staff and members alike.

That said, the emotions make sense, right? For so many months, we sat and watched very little progress and grew more and more frustrated. On the other hand, a big political shift could also cause fear of even more delay.

In my humble opinion, the over-arching pace has picked up. The 000 plan is moving forward, the tariffs are getting a lot of attention and we hope to see them implemented by the end of this month. Infrastructure and investment is coming. The troops are gone. Even a year ago, we would have loved to see so many articles from the CBI and about the dinar as we are seeing every single day now!

Be encouraged all, and realize we are all on the same side and are passionate about what we have learned. I'm so thankful for all of you and your views and am proud of the good work done here at BLC. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Last edited by Shredd on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bondlady

Bondlady
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

denaridori wrote:I thought I was going to take a beating today, but I'm glad to see a supportive response. Thanks also for noting Article 61 B-3 which states it clearly that a majority of the members may remove the PM.

I agree with all comments made and see there's an avalanche of news articles that came out today. Have a great day!
why would u think u would be bashed here at blc? we allow all news to be posted with there own opinons too, what we dont do is just post 1 sided articles we post them all, nor do we take comments and hold emergency cc's to bash the site or person......... thats what seperates us here at blc from hatchet news reporting..ty for your post...BL

Reflection

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Herb62

Herb62

I don't get to wrapped up in the political stuff .... IMO our politics I'm sure sound the same around the world .... But what happens ..... Business as usual .....

denaridori

I agree and we Americans are obsessed with knowing what's going on....but there's so much that goes on behind closed doors we'll never know. This is an extremely huge endeavor that isn't easy. They're changing their politics with a culture that's unfamiliar with this huge ordeal. Things take time and we all know that their hours and days are not like ours.

I think we're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and can only watch for the replacement right now. I'm with you...it's been a long, frustrating journey but we have to keep our eye on the prize!! Very Happy

parothead

parothead

denaridori wrote:I agree and we Americans are obsessed with knowing what's going on....but there's so much that goes on behind closed doors we'll never know. This is an extremely huge endeavor that isn't easy. They're changing their politics with a culture that's unfamiliar with this huge ordeal. Things take time and we all know that their hours and days are not like ours.

I think we're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and can only watch for the replacement right now. I'm with you...it's been a long, frustrating journey but we have to keep our eye on the prize!! Very Happy

Every time I hear "it takes time" or "things take time" or "this is a long term investment", I wonder after 10 years of no money of their own, wouldn't some one realize that it has been enough time for something positive to happen to the people of Iraq!

Good Grief it has been long enough. This investment started way before most of the "investors" even knew there was an Iraqi Dinar.....JMHO lol!

stefano

Bondlady wrote:
denaridori wrote:I thought I was going to take a beating today, but I'm glad to see a supportive response. Thanks also for noting Article 61 B-3 which states it clearly that a majority of the members may remove the PM.

why would u think u would be bashed here at blc? we allow all news to be posted with there own opinons too, what we dont do is just post 1 sided articles we post them all, nor do we take comments and hold emergency cc's to bash the site or person......... thats what seperates us here at blc from hatchet news reporting..ty for your post...BL

I agree BL! I'm getting tired of the last minute bashing cc's and the hatred they spew. It's sickening; no matter who's "team" you're on (Maliki or Allawi that is). I'm also sick of the lopper cc's with certain dinar dealers and wish they would just go away!

All I care is that this thing be over very soon and that the outcome will be a revenue positive event for us all!

mercedes99

Triple Ditto. Thanks for all the great posts from everyone. We have a great team and a wonderful coach. Let's not allow the pressure overtake us in the overtime minutes of the game. As BondLady says "We are in it to win it." Let's all stay positive and hang together. I can see the final play unfolding as one of the team members tosses the ball to BondLady. BAM! SLAM DUNK! WE WON!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum