local Yesterday, 15:03
Baghdad - IA
Today, Monday, Rafidain Bank announced the launch of a purchasing card for all state institutions.
The bank said in a statement received by the Iraqi News Agency (INA), that
“in accordance with government directives and Cabinet decisions regarding the adoption of electronic payment, the electronic card was launched for the procurement committees for all state institutions that have their accounts with Rafidain Bank and all private sector institutions.” He added,
"The bank has begun applying and approving the card with regard to the bank's procurement committees, and the mechanism of operation of these cards will be according to the following formula:
- It is not possible to withdraw cash from the card.
- The card does not work outside Iraq.
- It is not possible to transfer from the card.
- Zero commission for shopping.
- Deposit funds into the card and use them exclusively for purchasing purposes.
- The card is debit type.