WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Application of tariffs beginning of July 08/05/2012 2:35

+5
Kevind53
godinar
Shredd
player46
helend
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

player46

Bam.. doesn't get much clearer than that!!!. done deal.. July 1st deadline.. love it... I said in chat this A.M., after a discouraging art. about tariffs came out, to wait until the evening for this news.. lol .. TY helen looking good again!!! lol .. Very Happy

Shredd

Shredd
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

If the GOI is not set, which would mean the end of the political impasse of Maliki (Erbil), there won't be an RV per Shabibi. IMO, the tariffs won't be implemented if there is no RV because of what will happen to the rate of inflation and therefore to the iraqi people. Again, IMO, if tariffs will be implemented July 1st, we should expect a stronger currency.....otherwise, they will simply postpone the tariffs. IMO, it's gotta be one or the other.

Here's to hoping!!

5Application of tariffs beginning of July       08/05/2012 2:35  Empty delaying the tarriffs Mon May 07, 2012 10:46 pm

godinar

i agree shred. i mean this is iraq Very Happy

Kevind53

Well I guess June is out .... still good news.

Shredd

Shredd
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

helend wrote:Iraq's nicknames: Procrastinators, Next, Postpone, Vacation, Holiday, Excuses, Excuses, Excuses..... Coming Days.....Soon............etc etc etc

Smile Razz

therealbubbie

therealbubbie
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

helend you forgot promise!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mercedes99

I am not sure I would be too fast to rule out May and or June. From the articles it seems the UN and USA have been sitting in on some of these meetings. My question is, what is the significance if any of the May 11th signing of agreements in the EU?

mercedes99

Oh, sorry. One more thing "Application of tariffs beginning of July" If they are going to apply the tariffs in July is there any reason they cannot be law on June 1st but just not charge the tariff? I could be wrong but I thought I remembered reading an article that the tariff tax is in a range of 0 to 35%. I could be wrong, not sure. Just asking.

Reflection

Just me thinking out loud here, but wouldn't they need to raise the rate some time before tariff taxes? I mean wouldn't they want people to get used to the new rate,dinar and it's purchasing power before that? Doing it at the same time, do you think it'd cause confusion?

Kevind53

One would think they would need to do something. Most people there are living on $2.00 a day, increasing the costs without significantly increasing income would seem to be a recipe for revolt.

Herb62

Herb62

Reflection wrote:Just me thinking out loud here, but wouldn't they need to raise the rate some time before tariff taxes? I mean wouldn't they want people to get used to the new rate,dinar and it's purchasing power before that? Doing it at the same time, do you think it'd cause confusion?

Not only that, but the public would not even notice the increase if the rate was done say several weeks/month before the taxes . imports are not purchised 1 day before thay are sold , so the prices would start to go up before when product is bought as stated in the art.

mercedes99

It would only make sense to Rv before tariff tax.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum