WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asiacell Appoints New CEO

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Asiacell Appoints New CEO Empty Asiacell Appoints New CEO Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:08 pm

therealbubbie

therealbubbie
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

Asiacell has announced the selection of Mr. Amer Al Sunna as the new Chief Executive Officer.

The company, which is listed on the Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) and recently completed the largest IPO in Middle East since 2008 successfully, has more than 10.5 million subscribers in entire Iraq and its network covers almost %97 of country’s populated areas along with prominent achievements under the leadership of its chairman and founder Faruk Rasool and ex- CEO, Dr. Diar Ahmed.

Amer Al Sunna will be a great asset to Asiacell and we are confident he will hit the ground running,” said Faruk Mustafa Rasool, Asiacell chairman. “We are positive that his vast experience, knowledge and understanding of the issues important to our business and telecom industry will help continue the success of our operation and ensure our success well into the future”.

Amer Sunna joined the Ooredoo family as Chief Executive Officer of wi-tribe Jordan in August of 2010; while in August 2011 he was appointed as Chief Operating Advisor of wi-tribe Philippines, as of February 2013 he is the Managing Director of Asiacell Iraq.

He brings with him 20 years of experience dedicated to the improvement of customer experience in telecommunications through a number of executive positions at various high profile organizations.

Sunna, who carries a B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from Jordan University, was the CEO of three specialized telecommunication and internet services companies owned by VTEL Holdings in the Commonwealth of Independent States region (Ukraine, Armenia and Georgia) and the Group Chief Operations Officer (COO) at Orange and has played a vital role in shaping the telecommunications sector in Jordan.

“Asiacell will continue to play a key role for shaping the telecom market in Iraq,” said Sunna. “I am deeply thankful to our Chairman and Board of Directors for their trust and confidence. It brings me great honor to be appointed as the CEO of one of the leading and most reputable companies in the region. I am looking forward to working closely with Asiacell team; I will certainly do my utmost in leading Asiacell to achieving all our stakeholders’ expectations”.

Outgoing CEO Dr. Diar Ahmed who served in his position for almost 6 years will remains serving the company as Chief Advisor to the Chairman.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum