WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again Empty Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:13 pm

tlm724

tlm724
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again

Posted on 22 December 2013

The recent surge in sectarian violence has sent Iraq’s bond yields higher, prompting officials to postpone a planned debt sale.

Deputy Finance Minister Fadhel Nabi told Bloomberg:

“We will definitely issue new bonds, but it will take more time now with all the problems in the country.”

The news agency also reports that the yield on Iraq’s 5.8 percent dollar bonds maturing in January 2028 rose 19 basis points from the end of September to 7.8 percent, compared with a 4 basis-point decline to 5.2 percent in the average yield on regional sovereign debt.

The government’s plan for a second bond, which Nabi announced in October, is not assured. Iraq said more than two years ago, in July 2011, that it would come to market in a year to finance new infrastructure after decades of wars and economic sanctions, but it hasn’t done so.

The premium for Iraqi sovereign bonds over Treasuries has widened by 32 basis points since the end of October to 540 Wednesday; the comparable spread for Middle East government bonds fell 16 basis points to 414, according to JPMorgan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again Empty Re: Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Reflection

If I'm understanding this correctly, that doesn't sound very good.

3Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again Empty Re: Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:18 pm

parothead

parothead

What do you believe? All of the great news about the economy and record oil sales, with the World Bank, IMF and BIS falling all over each other to help Iraq and they can't find a common ground for anything? The Kurds are dealing openly with Turkey selling oil while everyone agrees it is okay? 47 folks call for deleting the zeros and the CBI says they are not ready.....CBI says they are ready to delete the zeros and 47 folks say no they are not ready!!

What do you believe? Me...nothing!

Merry Christmas

TR

4Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again Empty Re: Iraq Bond Issue Shelved Again Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Reflection

Oh I agree....there has been allot of good news.... Wasnt trying to be negative, just that it didnt look like good news, wasnt sure if i understood it correctly......

Not saying I believe this, that or the other.... Gotta take the bad with the good....

Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum