WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqi Dinar Revaluation

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Empty Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:57 am

TheRock

Baghdad Invest - 17/01/2012 01:25 G.M.T.

BAGHDAD -- The Iraqi Central Bank is planning to redenominate the national currency in an effort to ease transactions and allow people to carry less paper money.

Mudhhir Muhammad Salih, a member of a Central Bank advisory panel, told that a plan has been made to remove three zeros from the currency and phase out the current banknotes late this year.

Salih said the new banknotes will be fully introduced while the old banknotes will be gradually removed from circulation. He did not specify when the new notes would be issued.

Both will be legal tender in Iraq until the old notes are completely withdrawn.

Iraqi officials have had a long-running plan to redenominate the Iraqi dinar. In 2006, the Finance Ministry recommended to the Central Bank that it carry out such a plan.

Salih pointed out that banks are having a hard time accepting cash savings and deposits, but by dropping the zeros it will make it easier for both the banks to deal with their customers and for the general public to carry money. He said some 80 percent of Iraq's money supply is cash in circulation.

Salih added that in 1990 the value of banknotes in circulation was about 25 billion Iraqi dinars but is currently some 25 trillion dinars.

Economic analyst Hilal al-Tahhan told that the bank's move is overdue. He said he expects the currency change to go smoothly because of the decision to allow both the old and new banknotes to coexist, leading to less turbulence in the economy.

IMPORTANT - MAKE NOTE

In 2010, the Central Bank of Iraq announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. The intention would be to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes; but the actual value of the dinar would remain unchanged. That would mean that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) would both be worth the same amount in US Dollars.

Although the announcement stated that the change would take place by the end of 2010, there has been no redenomination as of January 2011 and no further announcements have been made. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system."

Just our opinion. Your choice if you buy Iraqi dinars (IQD) as an investment. We certainly would advise against such investment vehicle. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] does not support this investment stratergy and feel it prudent to make our point as we feel a lot of investors are being sold something that will remain only a dream.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Empty Re: Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 pm

fortunate1

Rock - that doesnt sound very good...

3Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Empty Re: Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:16 pm

micmoney

fortunate1 wrote:Rock - that doesnt sound very good...

I know what you mean, but try to look at it from Shabibi's stand point, if he is planning to REVALUE the dinar, he or the government are going to do everything in their power to remove those old bills from their streets as tht when it does REVALUE they will not have to payout insane numbers in usd or new denoms. just look at how much IQD cash the cbi has pulled in in recent months.

If the general populace believed that the revaluation were taking place, they would hoard their old bills, so the cbi and goi use every means necessary to keep the people in the dark about what is happening...ie: using the media to "tell them" that its not happening.

Last edited by micmoney on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Empty Re: Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:23 pm

TheRock

Two things that could be happening here.

1. They are putting out this type of information to discourage buying the Dinar and also causing the current holders to just get out of the investment. It would be a good way to get the larger notes out of circulation. This would further strengthen the Dinar. As we have seen and heard that is exactly what they are doing in Iraq, taking the larger notes out of circulation. I tend to believe this is whats happening. They are using the media to educate and also to discourage.

2. The other is not what we want but nothing we can do about it. We would not loose any money but our return would be very small.

Currency investment has and will always be very risky. I hope that people have not put so much faith into this investment that it would crush their world if it did not go as they would like it to go.

I am not trying to discourage anyone here nor am I going to pump the investment. I tend to take everything in and try and analyze it. I am still very positive in the investment, but I also see it taken a little longer then most are saying.

5Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Empty Re: Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 pm

thebigzuker

Last sentence is just one mans opinion....wonder if he knows that Iraq willgrow 36% in 3 years

6Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Empty Re: Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:46 pm

fortunate1

Great points Rock and Mic thanks!!

7Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Empty Re: Iraqi Dinar Revaluation Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:53 pm

doc54

ty

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum