WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Government deport thousands of foreigners for “Iraqization” jobs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

parothead

parothead

Baghdad / Reuters
things are going to deport thousands of foreign workers after the government decision in order to allow more employment opportunities for Iraqis in the conduct of a process of reconstruction and construction. After the arrival of the official rate for the unemployed to 15 percent with 28 percent, others working in the work of a temporary government plans to deport foreigners who reside in the country illegally.

The thousands of foreign workers to Iraq after 2003 to work in foreign companies contracted by the U.S. and works mostly within the U.S. military bases. And after 2007 and brought in a private employment agencies of thousands of Iraqi workers. But many private agencies stop working after Iraq stopped granting visas to foreign workers at the beginning of January.
and said Firoz Jobedali, 19, a worker from Bangladesh came to Iraq in 2009 through an employment agency that he paid $ 4500 for a term of three years. Fairuz and gets $ 300 a month for work cleaning, storage and sale in the shop for food in Baghdad. Fairuz said he needed to stay in Iraq another two years. He said (I must work for two more years and Iraq Zain and I work a good job and the money is good and I will stay in Iraq for two years then I will return to Bangladesh, because the situation is Zain and I am comfortable and where I am Zain and my sleep is good but the explosions, many of these problem in Karrada and the door of the east). Ibrahim Jamil Malik shop where he works Fairuz said the expulsion of foreign workers will not solve the problem of unemployment.
“That decision is not unwarranted because these people are people are simple and few in number so as not to affect the work as well as those people pragmatic and wages is simple, what is their influence and what end of the resolution?. I do not know. I as an employer regarded the decision loss to employers in the private interests. because you are not able to come by a factor of Iraq because Iraq does not work like them and wages high, but these wages appropriate as well as they near you 24 hours a day, the agent Iraq wants to attend as an employee from eighth to second or third high wages. ” But central government officials defending the decision to deport foreigners, they say, it is necessary to reduce the rate of chronic unemployment. While Iraq tries to recover after years of war is to get a job urgent priority for many Iraqis.
Hosni said Ahmed legal adviser to the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, “the unemployment rate is very high, according to the database may even exceed the allowable percentage internationally, priority remains national labor, So we agreed to activate the most important of these laws and Residence Act No. 118 of 1968. We are, for example, we have the powers of the slender employers to court to take his punishment, was sentenced to six months and a fine equivalent to five times the foreign worker’s salary during his service with the employer. ” He added that the decision will not affect the labor market because most foreign workers are unskilled.
and works of thousands of foreigners, mostly from Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and some African countries in the removal of garbage in restaurants, hospitals, shops and hotels. Do not know the number of foreigners working illegally in Iraq. However, the Ministry of Social Affairs estimates the number in the thousands. Officials said the government does not issue work permits only to workers of foreign companies that employ 50 percent of its work force of Iraqis. The companies have imported workers to deposit $ 5000 for each worker in a fund to help the unemployed Iraqis.
does not support employers and Iraqi traders who prefer to hire foreign workers, the government’s decision. The owner of a restaurant called Salam Ahmed, “I am not the bravest decision of removal because they are working from early morning until ten at night. Does not say I am hungry and does not have a lot of demands. But as you know we can not eat nor Ntamh. Sure there are meals and accommodation available. For of labor is cheaper wages of the worker and the Iraqi production of more than (our group) Iraqi workers. ” Complain of foreign workers that they work in degrading conditions, and that employers sometimes withhold wages or delay in payment.
and showed more than 30 Sri Lankans working in the Lebanese Company for the construction of housing in the province of Maysan, a hunger strike in April 2011 and threatened to hang themselves if they were not paid for work for two years. Anger leads to power outages and food shortages, corruption and ineffectiveness of the government’s strained political climate in Iraq while trying to get rid of the legacy of years of violence, sanctions and economic decline. The Ministry of Planning said that despite Iraq’s huge reserves of untapped oil and gas and the steady increase in oil production and export earnings, 23 percent of the population living below the poverty line.

Bye the sea

Sounds very similar to a problem we have right here in the States.

It will be interesting to see how this law affects their economy long term.

Thank you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum