WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The end of the first phase of the project to delete the zeros from the currency (another site)

+3
Reflection
Shredd
deniscanada
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Shredd

Shredd
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

"it is hoped that the project is completed within the next year to put the new currency in the market and then be pulled out outdated."

This is why we see articles saying the project is delayed because the target for completion was getting close.

Reflection

Shredd wrote:"it is hoped that the project is completed within the next year to put the new currency in the market and then be pulled out outdated."

This is why we see articles saying the project is delayed because the target for completion was getting close.

That's what scares me.

reohomespa

reohomespa

Shredd
I don't get this part about only costing Iraq $150 million -- they can't be talking about paying us who hold dinar currently -- your thoughts ?

He Jubouri that "the project will cost U.S. $ 150 million, and this little amount will be offset by the profits derived by the World Bank and the State Treasury of traders who Sistgnon the U.S. dollar, which they preferred for their small size and high value, and Istbdoulh currency Iraq's new.

Reflection

Would that $150 million dollars be the cost of printing the new denoms? Seems like that number rings a bell as for the cost to print....

There's no way that'll cover the amount that people have invested. The way I understand it, the money paid out to investors isn't figured as part of the cost of the project....... I may be wrong though.

Fast Eddie

reohomespa wrote:Shredd
I don't get this part about only costing Iraq $150 million -- they can't be talking about paying us who hold dinar currently -- your thoughts ?

He Jubouri that "the project will cost U.S. $ 150 million, and this little amount will be offset by the profits derived by the World Bank and the State Treasury of traders who Sistgnon the U.S. dollar, which they preferred for their small size and high value, and Istbdoulh currency Iraq's new.

I believe they said the cost of the new currency would cost about $150 million for the printing of new currency to put into the market.
One thing we know from the article is that the IQD outside of Iraq will not be going back to Iraq they will be going into other countries foreign currency reserves. so the cost of what we hold will not be on Iraq it will be on those central banks that buy it up for their reserve currency.

reohomespa

reohomespa

Fast Eddie
Thanks for the reply.  Makes sense that it's the printing of the currency and those De La Rue machines are expensive.Smile

tlm724

tlm724
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

reohomespa wrote:Fast Eddie
Thanks for the reply.  Makes sense that it's the printing of the currency and those De La Rue machines are expensive.Smile

Reo, on Oct 25, 2011 The CBI made an Announcement Direct Invitation No. (6D/2011) Awarding De La Rue the payment of $15,947,003.00 +/- USD for 10 machines including spare parts, shipping and installation. Leaves quite a bit left over to print the new currency. Hope that helps.

d6j8

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum