WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CBI has issued new instructions to the stability of the dinar exchange rate

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Shredd

Shredd
CO-ADMINISTRATOR
CO-ADMINISTRATOR

BC216 - this is really good to see folks. Let me explain..............

Bank submit a written application to the Directorate General of investments which enhance the tally required to have correspondents in overseas facilities with a copy of the entry to strengthen the balance of his account in Iraqi dinars from type 216, equivalent to the amount to be converted, to be submitted with the request and subsequent reinforcement disclosure shows the details of the amounts used that have been converted to his customers.

This announcement refers to BC-216 which is concerned with foreign-denominated securities.

Securities, not notes, not our dinar! This does not directly apply to us dinar holders.

But, here's the good news. This notice is speaking of securities, like bonds.....lending and borrowing agreements.....securitized debt available for investment.

So, why do we care? This announcement is telling us securities can be denominated in Dinar and invested in by foreign investors.

Remember a while back when I was talking about foreign investment in bonds, security to investors, convertability and the need for Iraq debt to be dinar denominated and rated by the rating agencies? This is exactly what we are looking for....cutting the strings to reliance on the dollar for investment.

Today, foreign investors don't have the option to buy dinar-denominated securities. They don't exist! This announcement changes that........this announcement proves Iraq is ready for investment.

No really, why do we care?!! This will prop the value of the dinar once investment starts coming in. It's hard to imagine a table set like this and no monetary change preceding it planned. This announcement further proves Iraq is really, really ready for foreign investment.

Let me make one more comment. This will mean that investment funds managed by trustees will be able to hold dinar-denominated securities. Return on investment will come via interest on principal and any gains on a growing exchange rate from purchase against sale.

Bottom line - Iraq originated and Dinar denominated securities can be global.

Another note...........

Foreign currency denominated investment securities must be revalued, reported and recorded in accordance with FASB Statement No. 52, "Foreign Currency Translation" (FAS 52). Except as otherwise provided by FAS 52, gains or losses resulting from the currency revaluation should be included in the determination of net income for the reporting period.

This is good to see as it's normal for all other foreign-denominated securities. I've dealt with these a ton at the bank. This is talking about when cash processing is done from the security's currency to the holder's currency perspective. If I'm a fund manager in the US holding a Dinar-denominated security and it pays me interest dividends in Dinar, I want to exchange those funds to USD. Before doing so, I need the value. Again, we calculate this all the time.

But this is the cool part...............the value to do the "revalue" as stated above, you need the MARKET-DRIVEN rate!

Oh, by the way, a market-driven rate means a free float.

You may be wondering how soon this could affect us. Well, I've seen securitized debt come to market as soon as 3 months but it's more in the area of 6-9 months or more.

Now, don't freak out. Again, for Dinar-denominated securities to be in the market, they need to be on a free float where all currencies can exchange for the dinar and the value of the securities to be revalued at any time.

It's all good news folks and proves the plan IS for the Dinar to have a market-determined rate soon. Even though it takes time for these to come to market, the dinar needs to be free floating. Once that happens, it will be up to the borrowers and their underwriters to create these securities and bring them to market.

This is the "investment into Iraq" we've been waiting for.

dogsnova

dogsnova

Shredd thank you.

Folks, no need to go anyplace else but BLC for your correct dinar info.. 

Shredd of course you already know this but.. 

you the F'in man.. Twisted Evil

RSP

Thanks, Shredd. We value your expertise opinion...and in this case, specifically, I appreciate your explanation of what we are seeing. This is AWESOME news, folks...and like Dogz said, "you the man! Cool Cool Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum