WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Message -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq

+2
tlm724
player46
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

player46

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release May 17, 2013
Message -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq

TO THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES:

Section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)) provides for the automatic termination of a national emergency unless, within 90 days prior to the anniversary date of its declaration, the President publishes in the Federal Register and transmits to the Congress a notice stating that the emergency is to continue in effect beyond the anniversary date. In accordance with this provision, I have sent to the Federal Register for publication the enclosed notice stating that the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq that was declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, is to continue in effect beyond May 22, 2013.

Obstacles to the continued reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States. Accordingly, I have determined that it is necessary to continue the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq.

BARACK OBAMA

THE WHITE HOUSE,
May 17, 2013.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tlm724

tlm724
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Thank you Player !!!

Sweetybird

Does this mean we won't see anything for another year? Or is it simply protecting the money until they're ready to RV?

Thanks Player46 for the article.

Reflection

Oh boy.......here we go..... Rolling Eyes

parothead

parothead

Sad

lightingcslt

lightingcslt

parothead wrote: Sad

parothead whats with the frowny face this is great news

Reflection

lightingcslt wrote:
parothead wrote: Sad

parothead whats with the frowny face this is great news

Maybe I read it wrong or I'm not understanding it right....but isn't this continuing the 13303 deal? Wouldn't this allow them to keep dragging their feet? That doesn't seem like great news to me....

Can you please explain? Thanks. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum