The news center opens with the Prime Minister's advisor 8 files, the most important of which are the final accounts
Wednesday, June 8, 2022 9:18 PM
National News Center / Special..
The “National News Center” conducted an exclusive interview with the financial advisor to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih. Several important files were discussed, most notably the budget alternatives, final accounts, poverty cases, frozen funds abroad, and other files that we will review:
* Funds held abroad
According to United Nations Security Council Resolution 1483 in May 2033, the frozen balances of the Iraqi government in the previous regime or others belonging to the people of the aforementioned regime and which were frozen as a result of the Kuwait war, have been transferred to the account of the Ministry of Finance opened with the Federal Reserve Bank in New York, The alternative current account whose name was changed based on Security Council Resolution 1956 in December 2010 is still active in this regard.
There are mostly no Iraqi funds seized abroad by international resolutions.
Perhaps there are some few balances that are still pending on judicial procedures in areas of jurisdiction here and there in some Countries of the world, which are subject to follow-up to restore the rights of the Republic of Iraq by the Iraqi Ministry of Justice, the National Integrity Commission and other official bodies.
The lack of financial allocations to important ministries is a big problem, and the budget delay negatively affects the ministries, as the budget includes two parts, the first is operational expenses, the other is investment expenses, and that the investment side covers all ministries’ expenses, but there is no general budget so far.
* Employing financial savings
This aspect is very important, and
I think it is time to invest in the modern agricultural sector within a new proposal, which is to provide agricultural licenses for the establishment of public companies in which the private sector contributes,
and to attract foreign companies that organize agriculture in the country and produce large quantities that are able to export and bridge food security,
and enter into the manufacture of fertilizers, pesticides and sprays
To have an important agricultural economic boom or cycle that would be a strong starting point.
- Yes, I think that the final accounts decision should be turned into a law, so that governments are obligated to submit them, since governments have not submitted final accounts since 2012 until now, explaining that, the first obstacle to not submitting final accounts is that there are years without a budget in 2014. and 2020.
*Currency auction and smuggling
– The best solution, in my estimation, to preserve the foreign currency is to allocate a tax number for each merchant, so whoever enters an auction must mention the tax number assigned to him, in addition to the fact that the currency auction needs electronic governance and joint coordination with all responsible authorities, so that a distinction is made between financial profit and profit commercial.
* Emergency food security support
The indicators of the emergency support law for food security have an important priority, and one of these priorities is that it touches the free lecturers and the electrical sector, whether at the level of investment or operation, and I think that emergency support will give public finances flexibility in spending.
* Families below the poverty line
- Yes, there are 11 million citizens below the poverty line, that is, three million families who do not have salaries or government income, and they constitute the basis of poverty in the country, which calls on the government to provide job opportunities for them or give them financial aid, and they must be covered by the Social Welfare Law, especially groups Fragile persons with disabilities, wounded and others.
* Alternatives to the general budget
- There is no alternative to the general budget, and planning for the financial situation requires a single document and is not issued with documents or laws here and there, but the political circumstance is the ruler, in addition to the fact that the political reality requires a new government that submits projects for four years according to the constitution.