WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nova Progress

+3
lightingcslt
d6j8
tlm724
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Nova Progress Empty Nova Progress Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:58 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img][/img][img][/img]Nova Progress Nova_p14" alt=""/>
[img][/img][img][/img]Nova Progress Nova_p13" alt=""/>
[img][/img][img][/img]Nova Progress Nova_p12" alt=""/>

Last edited by dogsnova on Sun May 11, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:02 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

Not sure why the pics are off center.. Oh well.. 

Battery died in the camera.. 

Need to get some new ones.. 

More pics to come.  Twisted Evil

3Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:41 pm

tlm724

tlm724
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Oh man that is so sweet !! Can't wait for more pics thanks Dogz !! Looking good !

4Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:34 am

d6j8

Something Wicked this Way Comes .....

5Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Thu May 01, 2014 2:08 pm

lightingcslt

lightingcslt

u got a hellva long way to go lmao

6Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 04, 2014 10:38 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

Those pics are the cleaned up parts and ready to go back together.. 

All down hill from here ..   Twisted Evil

7Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 05, 2014 10:32 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

More Progress.. 
[/img]
Nova Progress Nova_p15
Nova Progress Nova_p16[/img]
[/img]Nova Progress Nova_p17[/img]

Last edited by dogsnova on Sun May 11, 2014 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Tue May 06, 2014 5:40 am

jeepguy

jeepguy

that is the funniest looking carborator  Smile 

9Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Tue May 06, 2014 12:28 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

jeepguy wrote:that  is  the funniest  looking  carborator     Smile 

Wait till you see the pretty little thing on put on her..  Twisted Evil

10Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Tue May 06, 2014 9:58 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p18[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p19[/img]

11Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Tue May 06, 2014 10:02 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

Light, i'm just waiting on a locking dipstick tube for the trans (track now requires it). Should be in the mail by Friday.. 

The rockets going back in this weekend  Twisted Evil

12Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Thu May 08, 2014 9:29 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p20[/img]

Trans dipstick came in the mail today.

13Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Thu May 08, 2014 9:32 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p21[/img]

Weekend came early..   Twisted Evil

14Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Fri May 09, 2014 5:19 am

jeepguy

jeepguy

mmmm don`t ruin it by putting oil in it  Very Happy  hhahahhaa looks pretty sharp so far ,

15Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sat May 10, 2014 11:28 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p22[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p23[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p24[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p25[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p26[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p27[/img]

16Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 11, 2014 6:14 am

lightingcslt

lightingcslt

wow dogz i am impressed, engine is in carb assembled u really are moving along with this project.

17Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 11, 2014 8:25 am

jeepguy

jeepguy

NOW DANG NAB-IT it is purty and all ----- but where do the cappuccino latte pour out ? I see where the water and the mix go into the top of the blue part , and the blender is under that ! man this thing needs directions !  Shocked  hahahhahaha

18Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

jeepguy wrote: NOW  DANG  NAB-IT    it is  purty and all -----  but  where  do  the cappuccino  latte  pour  out ?  I see  where  the  water  and  the  mix  go into the top of the blue  part ,  and  the blender  is  under that !   man  this  thing  needs   directions  !   Shocked      hahahhahaha  

I agree she does need directions.. Unfortunately it even gets more complicated when the pro charger goes on..

Thanks for the smile sir.  Smile

19Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 11, 2014 11:12 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

lightingcslt wrote:wow dogz i am impressed, engine is in carb assembled u really are moving along with this project.  

It's just clean up and re assemble for the most part.  Twisted Evil

20Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 11, 2014 12:26 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

I'm having trouble uploading two more pics from last night..

21Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 11, 2014 12:30 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p32[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p34[/img]

22Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 12, 2014 4:02 am

jeepguy

jeepguy

brother I don`t mean to alarm ya ..... but that fan belt looks a little bit small for those gears ....  Very Happy  hahhahaha . o .k. o.k. man this looks like it will lift the front wheels on take off! you going 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile runs ?

23Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 12, 2014 1:11 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

jeepguy wrote:brother  I  don`t  mean  to alarm  ya .....   but  that   fan belt  looks  a little bit  small for  those gears ....  Very Happy   hahhahaha  .   o .k.  o.k.   man  this looks like it will lift  the front wheels on take off!  you going 1/8  mile  or 1/4 mile  runs ?

Before the procharger went on, I ran 1/4 mile..
On motor it went 10.30's.. On a 150 NOS shot it went 9.50's.

Since the procharger has been on, I haven't went to the track with her. Back when I put it together some 8 or so yrs ago lol. The head gasket leaked a little bit of water. I put some GM stop leak in it and it worked so I could drive it around the streets.. But I couldn't take the chance at the track with the GM stop leak.. So after about 8 yrs of driving her on the street (basically cruz nites) lol. The GM stop leak stopped working.. So I figured it was time to tear her down replace the head gaskets and freshen up the trans wile it was out as well. 

So back to 1/4 mile or 1/8th mile..  lol

Now some 8 yrs later. Most all the fast street cars at the track by me are running 1/8th mile on bicycle tires (not really) but they are going real fast on a small tire nowadays.. Balls out to the 1/8th they say..  lol

Anyways.. If I run the 1/4 mile I need to put a parachute on her.. If I run the 1/8th I won't need a parachute unless she goes over 150 mph in the 1/8th.. Shes not going that fast lol ...130 mph or so in the 1/8th is all I think she will do (if that).. That's approx 8.90 @ 155 or so mph in the quarter mile.

So yeah i'm only gonna run her 1/8th mile. But that's what all the fast street cars are doing around here.. So if you can't beat em, join em  lol

Gettin ready to put the radiator in today..

More pics later  lol

24Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 12, 2014 4:57 pm

jeepguy

jeepguy

hhahhahaa wow 130 mph --- you will need that to get to bank if dinar ever hits nice job on car buddy

25Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 12, 2014 7:53 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p43[/img][img]Nova Progress Nova_p42[/img]

26Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 12, 2014 7:57 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p44[/img]

Next in line is the procharger. I will be putting this bracket on next.

27Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Tue May 13, 2014 4:44 am

jeepguy

jeepguy

wow looking at that radiator , some one has a good touch on welding , aluminum welding is kind of tricky , and these seam welds are very nice , also on the valve covers ....

28Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Tue May 13, 2014 12:32 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

Yes that's all mechine welded.. I wish I could tig weld like that by hand..

The radiator is from a company called Be Cool.

The valve cover are from ebay.. $115 They are also production welded.. Nice looking but kind of cheap as far as valve covers go.. I was looking at spending $400 on basically the same thing (looks) but structure on the $400 ones are much stronger.. Thats the show part of the GO.. lol

Hence "Show and Go"

29Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Tue May 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Reflection

This is cool. I'm hoping to build a go fast car one of these days..........when the budget allows it..... lol!

My boss has his car in the shop all the time tinkering on it. I think he's pushing about 700hp (carburator) on fuel, about 1400hp on the juice. He runs bracket racing, in the 6 second class. His car will run 5's, but he de-tunes it a bit so he can run good in the 6 second class. Pretty awesome to watch.

30Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Wed May 14, 2014 1:04 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

Reflection wrote:This is cool. I'm hoping to build a go fast car one of these days..........when the budget allows it..... lol!

My boss has his car in the shop all the time tinkering on it. I think he's pushing about 700hp (carburator) on fuel, about 1400hp on the juice. He runs bracket racing, in the 6 second class. His car will run 5's, but he de-tunes it a bit so he can run good in the 6 second class. Pretty awesome to watch.

Love it.. Yes mine is slow compared to the actual race cars at the track.. Fast as hell on the street, but just another street car at the track.. 

700 hp increase on the juice.. Let me guess two foggers?

31Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Wed May 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Reflection

dogsnova wrote:
Reflection wrote:This is cool. I'm hoping to build a go fast car one of these days..........when the budget allows it..... lol!

Love it.. Yes mine is slow compared to the actual race cars at the track.. Fast as hell on the street, but just another street car at the track.. 

700 hp increase on the juice.. Let me guess two foggers?

Honestly, I've not paid that much attention to the plumbing.... Just know his bottles take up room in the break room fridge sometimes. :lol!:I had some pics of it at one time, I'll see if I can find them. We usually don't get much time to go check it out, we are busy machining parts so be can afford to play with his car. Most of the time we just hear it running in the back and the sweet smell of racing fuel lingering through the shop. That's the best smell EVER by the way.....

It's a tube chassis car....don't think he'd make it far on the street on 2 gallons of fuel. I think he said that one pass takes all 2 gallons. lol!

32Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Wed May 14, 2014 7:12 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

Reflection wrote:
Most of the time we just hear it running in the back and the sweet smell of racing fuel lingering through the shop. That's the best smell EVER by the way.....

Speaking of smell.. Racing fuel,VHT (the sticky stuff they put on the track) and burning rubber on a Sunday is heaven..  lol

I would like to bottle that up and sell it..

33Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Wed May 14, 2014 7:19 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

Procharger bracket is now on. 
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p45[/img]

34Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 18, 2014 9:56 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p46[/img]Next on the list to install.  Twisted Evil 

35Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Tue May 20, 2014 8:37 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p47[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p48[/img]

36Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Wed May 21, 2014 6:15 am

lightingcslt

lightingcslt

dayum dogz by the time your finished with this your gonna need this r/v to replenish your bank account lmao. looking good man, cant wait to see it this summer

37Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Wed May 21, 2014 2:38 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

Believe it or not.. I'm not buying much new stuff... 

This is pretty much the way it was when I took it apart except new valve covers @ $112 .... Locking dipstick tube @ $42...  All on ebay.. $200 on the head gaskets $30 on the intake gaskets and $150 on the tranny rebuild.. 

Oh and new braided trans lines and fittings ( got rid of the old fashioned trans lines) set me back $130 but I was also able to get the lines and fittings off ebay.. Saved around $50 on those  Twisted Evil 

Trans fluid is gonna set me back $100  lol

I will have to spend a few hundred on the rear end when I get back there..  

Yikes... Thats sounds kind of funny when I say it back to myself..  Oh well   Twisted Evil

38Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Wed May 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Reflection

What axle are you running in it?

39Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Thu May 22, 2014 1:07 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

It's a Ford 9" with 35 spline Moser axles. Detroit locker and a Moser aluminium center section.

It's a ladder bar rear suspension mini tubbed.

The body guy that painted the car 17ys ago opened up the stock wheel wells about 5" so I can get a bigger tire under her.. But when looking in the trunk.. It still has the stock appearance.  Twisted Evil 

The front seal is leaking in the center section (from sitting too long) Doh, and I need to put bigger wheel studs in the axles. That's next as soon as I get this motor and trans stuff wrapped up.

I'll take a few pics when I get to the rear end.

40Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Fri May 23, 2014 9:26 am

Reflection

Sweet!

It's hard to beat a good 9". I always wanted to build front and rear hybrid 9's with Dana 60 outers for my rock buggy. Their size vs. strength is hard to beat.

41Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sat May 24, 2014 8:06 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p53[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p55[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p56[/img]

42Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sat May 24, 2014 8:30 am

jeepguy

jeepguy

o.kay o kay ,,, we see you know how to do engine work ! now lets see how you do in the comfy passenger compartment ! surely you have drink cup holders , and a nice passenger seat for the wify !!!  Very Happy  a nice bench seat in the back for the kiddo`s too hahahahaha

43Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Sun May 25, 2014 11:43 pm

dogsnova

dogsnova

Ok.. I will take some pics of the inside.. lol

44Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

This next set of pictures are before I go to the car show.

45Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 26, 2014 11:22 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p57[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p58[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p59[/img]

46Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 26, 2014 11:25 am

vaquero

dogsnova wrote:
Reflection wrote:
Most of the time we just hear it running in the back and the sweet smell of racing fuel lingering through the shop. That's the best smell EVER by the way.....

Speaking of smell.. Racing fuel,VHT (the sticky stuff they put on the track) and burning rubber on a Sunday is heaven..  lol

I would like to bottle that up and sell it..

Good idea for new perfume Dog  pirat car Looking good

47Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 26, 2014 11:26 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

The next set of pictures is the family and I on our way to the car show.  Twisted Evil

48Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 26, 2014 11:35 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

[img]Nova Progress Nova_p60[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p61[/img]
[img]Nova Progress Nova_p62[/img]

49Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 26, 2014 11:36 am

dogsnova

dogsnova

Sometimes my hottie wife drives.  Twisted Evil

50Nova Progress Empty Re: Nova Progress Mon May 26, 2014 11:39 am

dogsnova