WELCOME TO BONDLADYS CORNER...WE CARRY ON HER CUSTOM OF MAKING THIS SITE YOUR 24 HOUR A DAY IRAQ NEWS ARTICLE SOURCE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF OUR LADY.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barzani: Some sides not to wish welfare for Kurds

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lightingcslt

lightingcslt

Baghdad (AIN) -The President of Kurdistan Region, Masoud Barzani, stated in a T.V interview with al-Jazeera English Channel that "Some parts in Iraq do not wish welfare for the Kurdish people in Iraq."

He has warned that "Iraq's Kurds could seek independence if they do not get what they need from Baghdad and that his region will not be dragged down by the rest of Iraq."

"We have seen tanks, artillery and other weapons being used against our people. We have seen large numbers of troops being used against our people," explained Barzani.

He added "Our fear is not of that. Our fear is the mentality that still believes in using planes, artillery and tanks to solve problems. We do not believe that weapons will solve the problem. This is the wrong approach and the misery and the troubles that Iraq faces today is a result of that kind of mentality. Therefore we do not want that to be repeated again."

He stressed "Otherwise if Baghdad or the federal government thinks about the usage of such things then we will be obliged to go back to the times when we had to think about how to target the F-16s in order not to allow them to reach here. We hope this will not be the case but we have to get ready."

Regarding the tensions with the Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, he said "I will never allow to turn these tensions into personal ones and in fact, I trust Maliki due to our long-ranged relation, but sometimes, I think if Maliki was instead of me and organized the meetings here, he would defended the Kurds as I do, but unfortunately in his first chance in 2008 he ordered to move the tanks against the Kurds in Khanaqeen district where I lost confidence in him."

Over the oil contracts in KR, he pointed out "Some parts do not wish the good to KR and they hate the development in the region because the contracts that we have conducted are constructional and none of them was illegal
http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15342:barzani-some-sides-not-to-wish-welfare-for-kurds-&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum